Hello out there, blog reading world.
How strange that I haven't posted a single thing in over two months, yet this post will mark my 100th one.
Unfortunately, you won't get the witty, charming, extraordinary writing of my past blogging days (c'mon - you know it was all that and more). Tonight I just need to write and reflect.
Obviously the last few months have been different than normal. I haven't had a lot of time to really stop and think about all the changes going on around me.
Maybe I've finally learned to cope with that one thing that NEVER changes: constant change.
What I feel tonight as I prepare to list the not-really-organized chaos of my life, all I can feel is gratitude.
In the midst of everything...anything...the pain, the crazy, the exuberant, the ugly...
My God is there, and He is good.
Since we last spoke - here's a little update:
- I ran (and beat my goal) a half marathon!!
- My family lost a piece of its heart - my uncle Jimmy - very unexpectedly.
- Rhylee Shae arrived!!
- Jody started a summer Physics class which has completely consumed every. waking. moment.
- I got a new job :)
- My bro moved to Cali.
- I'm training for my next half.
- My parents thought they had a water leak that was actually severe termite damage then their AC went out and when that got fixed someone dug into the county water line leaving them without water...again. How does that affect me? Well, when Momma ain't happy - NOBODY is happy.
Maybe it doesn't seem quite so intense in list form. But sometimes, when I look at my sink full of dirty dishes, shove my third load of unfolded laundry into the "to fold" chair, answer another family emergency call, hit snooze at 4:50 a.m., or think of the million things I'll miss doing with Nathan - I think my head may explode.
Then I remember:
- I have legs to run.
- Jody and I have both been blessed with good jobs...and I LOVE mine (hopefully more on that another day)
- My family thinks I'm smart enough to help them with their problems ;)
- I have the BEST friends in the entire world - one who even thinks spending Friday nights in our pj's watching Friends and helping Jody struggle through Physics homework is the BEST place to be.
- Goodbyes are NOT forever, and planes fly to California every single day.
And most importantly - this too shall pass.
It's only a season, and there's a time for all of those.
Two years ago at this time I was the closest to hopeless I think I've ever been.
One year ago, Jody was working nearly 100 hours a week, I was blogging several times a week, canning summer veggies and embarking on a sugar free life.
I don't have the slightest clue where I'll be a year from now, and if it weren't for my phone calendar I wouldn't really know where I'm headed tomorrow.
But God does. Nothing shocks him, nothing surprises him or throws him off track. He's got this and in the getting, He's got me too.
It's been nice chatting with you. Don't know when we'll catch up again so Happy 4th!
Thanks for reading and if you're going through something crazy...remember Who never changes!